Thursday, January 2, 2014

Poems Memorized

Shakespeare
Sonnet 18 ("Shall I Compare Thee...")
Sonnet 29 ("When in Disgrace...)
Sonnet 31 ("Thy Bosom is Endeared...")
Sonnet 116 ("Let Me Not...")

Poe
Annabel Lee
The Raven
Evening Star
Alone

Emily Dickinson
314 ("Hope is a Thing With Feathers...")
"My Life Closed Twice..."
260 ("I'm Nobody, Who Are You?")
Likely another...

Beautiful Dreamer-- who wrote the poem?

A few Redwall poems... Corsairs one-- possibly two?  Another about the Redwall savior?"

"We'll no more go a'roving."- Lord Byron?

Browning- How Do I Love Thee poem..

Tonight I Can Write the Saddest Lines- Neruda-- English and Spanish

Emily Bronte poem about roses?

Robert Louis Stevenson one about children's ships

Auden funeral poem in Four Weddings and a Funeral

Stevie Smith's "Not Waving but Drowning"

Frost- "Nothing Gold Can Stay"
was there another?

Michelle Robert's poem-- Magnificat

"My lover's manner in bed..."




... I really will need to think this through further.  I will update with a real list later, and possibly a real post >.<

No comments: