Sunday, November 28, 2010

Nanowrimo 2010

I just hit 50,000 words, which means, I have won Nanowrimo (National Novel Writing Month) for the fourth year in a row.  Woo hoo!  Anyway, for fun, here is a word cloud of my novel.  The words on this cloud are what I use the most throughout the book.  Kinda embarrassing really, but it is still fun :)

Wordle: Clover- Nano 2010 

Explanation on some of these puppies:
  • Ryo is NOT the main character, but the main character's lover.  The book is written in first person and the word "I" is eliminated (as are all of the most common words in the English language).
  • The main character uses the word "really" and "pretty" and "just" an awful lot in his narrative.  I felt self-conscious about it for a bit, but whatever.  I use them a lot when I talk too, so I suppose it is just normal.
  • "One"?  I have no clue.  I must've said it a lot, but I can't think of a single instance.  Can't think of (wait for it) ONE instance.
  • "Know" and "knew"- that's more from things that avoid omnipotent narrator stuff.  "I knew he was upset because he was crying," except not that lame.  Same goes for think
  • "Anyway"is on there twice.  He says that a lot.  "Anyway" and "real" were speech habit choices, as were "really" and "pretty," so I don't feel one bit bad.
  • Lily is also a character.
  • "Blood"- ha!  Oh dear.  I don't want that on my word cloud. 

Feel free to ask away. I am curious as well!!!

No comments: