Friday, November 19, 2010

Towel thief!

The unimaginable happened at the gym yesterday.  The UNTHINKABLE.  The everyone's worst nightmare at the gym ness.  For reals.  Someone stole my towel while I was in the shower.

Now I knew they were plotting against my towel, vicious childlings.  I could hear one say she had forgot her towel, then the other say to just take one on the other side.  So I kept checking my towel and glaring at the girls.  But then, when I went to check the last time, it was GONE. 

Okay okay.  While it isn't pleasant walking across locker room's in one's birthday suit, I sucked it up (and sucked it in, if you know what I mean).  I got a few weird looks, which I am now going to reinterpret as ogling and appreciative looks.  But it was more or less okay.  I am not scarred for life.

The trouble is, I think I've probably caught my death.  I couldn't dry off, you see.  So, of course, I couldn't put on my fancy outfit and get them all soaked.  I put my somewhat soggy workout pants, that became more soaked by my general wetness.  Then put on a clean tshirt.  And went out out out into the cold as ass night.

I am sure I was mere seconds from having my hair freeze to my head.  Being soaked and out in freezing weather is pretty much the coldest thing you can ever imagine.  I STILL feel cold, and it's been twenty-four hours! 

Suffice to say, I got a hot chocolate to warm myself up.  But if I ever see those punks again, they are GETTING it.  By which I mean, I will glare at them some more and keep my towel in the shower with me.  Wet or not, it's better than getting freezing and walking across the locker room naked at peak hours all in the same day.  Rawr.

No comments: