Monday, May 16, 2011

Least Favorite Song

I'm not even gonna post the video because I don't want to make ya'll witness to the crap that it Sheryl Crow's "Soak Up the Sun." I was going to be all deep and post some song that I associate with something awful or a sad time or at least something important, but instead, all I could think what Sheryl Crow singing the most pointless lyrics ever composed along with a boring ass melody. Seriously. Girlfriend needs to learn notes beyond an octave.

Having just learned via Wikipedia that I often mix her up with Shania Twain, who at least has the benefit of her good looks, I am even more startled by this woman's success. I know I know, I am very mean. Seriously though, she also did that crap remake of "The First Cut is the Deepest." Oh, wow, she ALSO did "Every Day is a Winding Road". I hate that song too.

Anyway, I'm sure she's a lovely person, she just needs to stop singing.

But more importantly, why was "Soak Up the Sun" singled out, apart from its boring, pointless, pathetic lyrics? Well, my friend, not only have I had to listen to it on the radio at least once a week for the past ten years, but I had to PLAY the damn thing. That's right. It was one of the songs we played and routine'd to in marching band. Thank the Lord I escaped high school the next year.

Oh, but that isn't the worst of it. Guess what song it accompanied in the routine- what amazing, glorious, timeless piece? That's right- Thriller.

Okay okay, no song that great really deserves to be turned into a marching band tune, but it actually turned out okay. Plus, I think we did Oye Como Va with it, and that song is forever and always amazing.

Ahhh. Still though, I hated marching band and I hated that song, and it was a stupid ass piece to play in the middle of winter when we were all freezing off our unmentionables. And I still have to hear that crap song all the time because, apparently, I'm the one person who really hates it. Yuck.

No comments: