Friday, August 19, 2011

Handwriting

The big trouble with the 3:15 Experiment is that I can never seem to read my handwriting when I wake up.  And I do a lot of typos and misspellings (i.e. "two" versus "too") but feel I shouldn't correct them if I'm to keep them in the raw.  But what to do when I can't read what I have written?  Especially when I write something phonetically similar but with such a different meaning ("con-like," I'm pretty sure, was meant to be "dog-like").  Something appears to say "askance" but I didn't know what the word actually meant until I looked it up ("With an attitude or look of suspicion or disapproval"), which doesn't even make sense in the context.

In any event, the month will end soon and I will fix up the poems all pretty.  I like that I'm getting many night poems again.  I might try to put together a chapbook on night meanderings.  Which may mean extending the 3:15 Experiment for my own personal use.  Lack of a collective wakeful writing mind, but still that stealing intention from dreams.  Or, as of late, nightmares. 

No comments: