Saturday, December 28, 2013

Classes

It is weird to know what to take in school, especially once you've been here forever. Especially when there are a bunch of classes that sound lovely for a single quarter, and you don't know when they'll be offered again.

This quarter, I am signed up for five classes, in addition to the one class worth of credit I get for teaching.

I want to take Black Marxism for the teacher and reading list. Also, Marxism.  Not to be mistaken with how it is conceived of in pop culture today.  Shakkur, man. And hauntology.

I want to take Caribbean lit because I may focus on that region and the books sound lovely. I've started reading and am entranced.

I am taking disability studies because that is my focus thematically (v regionally) and I love the prof and have one of the books and have read it.

I want to take transatlantic lit for the same as Caribbean and also because it focuses on 17th c so I get historical breadth req out of the way.

I have to take the other.

This is the most boring blog post ever, but I'm trying to do everyday...

No comments: