Friday, December 27, 2013

Good Habit and Self Improvement Apps

Trying to be better about some things while continuing with others through the new year.  Obviously, blog posts are part of that...


  1. Lumosity- continuing to train my brain to improve my attention span, multitasking, and memory.  Not sure if it actually works >.< but I will check in next year. At least my scores are going up.
  2. Duolingo- started by studying Spanish then add French and recently Italian. I like the new coach function so you can set a daily goal for each language. Not sure how it's affecting my Spanish, which was decent to begin with but it has helped my non existent French quite a bit. Also competitiveness helps to motivate!
  3. Fitbit- to make sure I walk a certain amount each day! Also competitive and links with Lose It
  4. Lose It!- like Weight Watchers but free...
  5. Habit RPG- to keep track of all this nonsense while building my mad wizard skills and making sure I hit goals before getting certain prizes.
  6. Daily Workout- to keep up with my abs, leg, and arm weight training- as Lose it logs eating and work outs.
  7. News 360- because Habit RPG says following the news is good for your brain...
  8. Gratitude!- a journal to keep track of small joys throughout the day. Apparently helps a wee bit with depression. Just started...
I'll update this when I learn more about whether I like them or not.

No comments: