Monday, August 24, 2009

Names I Like ^_^

Another list because I just never seem to blog about my actual life (though I will try, because I did a lot today and there are many thoughts!). Since I want to adopt, I'm not sure what race/ethnicity the baby might be- so I would like to come up with names that are culturally sensitive. If I had my own babies, I could be very Latin but it would not do for a baby that wasn't Latino!

I think my favorites tho, are Jaime, Jackson, Jasper, and Harrison for boys (I like the J names), and Alegría, Nimue, and Igraine for girls. O.o

Report from the mother unit (O.o again) nixes all female names. Must search some more!

Latino

Boys:
Jaime
César
Santiago

Girls:
Alegría
Cecelia
Mercedes

Less Latin?

Boys:
Jasper
Jackson
Remington (Remy)
Abram
Miles

Girls:
Adelaide (Addie)
Agatha
Clementine (Tina)

From Lit/Entertainment

Boys:
Jareth (Labyrinth)
Malcolm (Mal) (Firefly)
Alexander (Xander) (Buffy/Angel AND Rai Kirah series)
Harrison (Tru Calling)

Girls:
Celie (The Color Purple)
Willow (Buffy/Angel)
Winifred (Fred) (Angel)
November (Dollhouse)

Unisex!
Kiley
Addison

Arthurian Legend:
Gawain (Couldn't get away with it tho.)
Guinevere (ditto)
Igraine (this name is so pretty!)
Merlin (again... you cannot get away with well-known legends)
Nimue
Emrys (Merlin again v.v secretly)

No comments: