Monday, October 12, 2009

Busy Weekend (groan)

Maybe I don't really need to do the recommended readings for grad school. Maybe the required readings would be sufficient. Am going to explode my brain from over-informationing it too rapidly, I think. Or not.

I have so much stuff to bring to class on Tuesday. Seriously. I have three books and a hot water pot (you put water in it, plug it in, and the water heats up). Two books are for a kid studying homeless youth- one book is about a priest working with the homeless in Portland and another is about two children in an inner city neighborhood. The third book is for another kid who went to Sundance and saw the film version of Push (now called Precious because of the Dakota Fanning movie) and was interested in reading the book (which I was reading before class last Tuesday). Lastly, the hot water pot for one of the students from China-- he has had trouble finding one here!

We shot the first episode of the web series, /th3 inv1te this weekend. The website's up but there's nothing there yet- else I'd link you to it (remind me if I forget later). It was a loooong day- we were at S's apartment from 8AM to 6PM. There were two meal breaks and a lot of breaks from filming to set up the various scenes.

Stills--

The scene for the scenes (ha.. bad joke) with C. Pay attention to the details and let me know everything you seeeeee.



The set for the scenes with S. The bra is a nice touch >.<


Um, no one took photos of the shots for scenes with me apparently, and I was busy over makeuping. Hrm. Anyway, you can see it in the background of this photo. And it's me, so I can't get in trouble for putting it up, right???


The tentative release date for the first episode is October 31st. I think we're planning to put it up on Youtube (we have an account set up already). Next Saturday should be writing the script for episode two and editing the first episode. I'm not sure of all that will have to go into completing the episodes- hopefully not too much. Saturdays are already a pretty big commitment, and I'm trying to hold steady.

Had to study for forevuh today, miss seeing the limited Toy Stories in 3D in theatres and cancel Japanese in order not to fall behind in school due to shopping for props all day Friday and filming all day Saturday. Probably won't be able to do that again...

What else?

There's a character blog for Lt. Col. Wesson P. Smith (my character) on blogger as well. You can see it at: Lt. Col's Log. There's nothing up yet, but I'm going to write something about my char's cats, Liberty Bell and Fourth of July (ha!).

Also, really need to update the book-tracking ness. I finished Peter and the Shadow Thieves, Esperanza Rising, and Push. Must remember to update and write short reviews. But probably not going to happen anytime soon- ugh!

Goodnight goodnight! <3

No comments: