Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Tired!

Which reminds me, I need to check my car's tires... they are all squeaky and ness.

Let's see, I think I never wrote about my job, but maybe I did and I forget. It is a crazy sleepy time. Anyway, working for Academic Affairs at UWB, mostly things relating to retreats and the 21st Century Campus Initiative (campus goals, how we're working to meet them, successes, etc.). Typing up evaluations, comments, timelines, etc. etc. and putting them up on the Blackboard website. Am genius of epic proportions. I will begin working 3 days a week soon, including Tuesdays and Thursdays, which are class days. So I will be at work all day and go to school for four hours in the PM and get home 10ish.

Spiritual death.

Anyway, that's that. School began today. It didn't feel like four hours, so thar's a plus. Our break was only fifteen minutes though, which uber detracts from the pointage. I had intended to have time to eat, but it wasn't so much enough and I didn't have much food anyway. Plus, we went to the computer lab, and you shouldn't eat in there (you shouldn't, really... oh one of the labs, I mean, there are a lot). I didn't say too much in the second half but said enough at the start, I think. Need to be vocal so's to make an IMPRESSION, but I want it to be good so it is all confusing.

Apparently, reading ahead of time was actually a b.a.d. i.d.e.a. because they want super specific details and I didn't take that intense of notes. So I didn't feel like I had much to say, you know? Though I did want to relate the experience of CEDAW in the UN with one theory, but lacked courage. CEDAW= Convention for the Elimination of Discrimination Against Women (close enough) and was created to fulfill its name (obviously...) but, though many agencies were present at CEDAW meetings in general, CEDAW staffers realized that they really should be included in ALL other human rights conferences because women should be represented in all groups. But they weren't so much accepted in this capacity- people only wanted them to have their conference once a year and go away for all other events.

I'll rethink and pretty wordify that thought later, but now that I got it down, I won't forget.

Finished reading Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society yesterday- need to write down some things so I can get it to mom to read. Then K prob. needs to read it. Oy.

Sometimes, could use a little sympathy. I feel like people think I live a life of leisure but I am become so busy. Could do with a little more lovin.

No comments: