Wednesday, March 23, 2011

All That Jazz?

So, downtown Chicago hasn't exactly endeared itself to me yet.  Of course, I only got off the train about an hour and a half ago.  Going to hope that things are better the next three days, though I won't actually have any opportunity to sight-see until Sunday.  On a related note, how the devil are you supposed to spell sightsee?  Sight see?  Sitesee?  Site see?  Sight-see?

So, after the two hour late start (we got delayed another hour in the runway), I finally got to O'Hare Airport.  They have these fancy automatic toilet seat cover put-on-er things.  ...  Most people had layovers or stayed with the plane on to Boston, so there were only like twenty of us waiting for our luggage at the baggage carousel.  That part went quick at least.

I took the L train to my stop.  It took probably an hour, but it was a nice opportunity to stand.  I also saw a guy who looked a lot like Darren Cris from A Very Potter Musical and Glee.  I really hope it wasn't him though, 'cause this guy was kind of an ass.  Very handsome, but not handsome enough to be an ass.  Tsk.

But I got a bit lost after getting off at my stop.  I came out the wrong exit >.< genius!  And it was raining and pretty cold.  So I was not happy to be lost.  And I had to keep putting up my "don't fuck with me" facade because I was scared of getting all my stuff stolen. 

Eventually got directions from a drug dealer.  Didn't know he was at the time, but someone came and got what looked to be some crack right after he talked to me.  No judgment.  Still though, there were cops everywhere, so that dude's got some serious balls.

Then I finally got to the Travelodge, and the guy at the front said I'd have to show used to reserve/pre-pay for the room.  But my mom paid O.o  so he said I'd have to get her to fax him a copy of it and all this other stuff.  Good thing my mom is clever- she suggested I just pay with my card.  He had no problem with that- phew!

Now I am all unpacked and a bit rested.  I think I will go try the Thai and sushi place downstairs (Thai Spoon).  Hm, 3 out of 5 stars.  Not great.  But we'll see.  I am not picky.

No comments: