Thursday, March 17, 2011

Burnt Out

Well, today I got a gigantic envelope from the UW.  I thought it was from Comp Lit, and the thickness implied acceptance.  Actually, it was just an envelope stuffed with the disability resources newsletter.

It is a bit draining to get your hopes up for a few moments then see them crash on down.

Still have five programs to hear back from, but since I've got to do responses by April 15, I'm getting pretty on edge (wrote "edgy" first, but then realized that meant something else...).  I got a financial aid offer from SFSU, but haven't actually got accepted there.  I looked it up, and I guess financial aid is pretty separate from admissions, so it doesn't mean anything.  So that was an anti-climax as well.

UCSD's TA application deadline got bumped up to the last week in April.  Which means I'd better get started drafting my cover letter.  Even though I may not go there.  I guess it'll be good to have something to draw on anyway.

A bit down today. 

No comments: