Sunday, March 13, 2011

Excuses

Let's just go with the one where I was too mesmerized by the beauty of my past post and the image's complete complementing of the blog design to write anything else. 

Anyway, it's been a busy month.  I'm just about to finish the quarter (ecstasy!) but that really doesn't mean much in terms of a graduate program (face plant!).  Working on a paper with a colleague tomorrow- we've both been working separately, so here comes the big "putting it together" party.  Then there's just the editing of my portfolio paper and sending that baby in for editing.

Oh, but after that...

The same paper I'll be co-editing and mashing tomorrow must be prettified to be presented at the CSA Conference.  Plus, I've got to finish a proposal, which I actually think I might be able to get done tomorrow- hurrah!  That is for a summer digital research institute, which is lower cased, so obviously not the precise name (if I was Bruce Wayne, my super alter ego would be brucewayneman).  Then I've got a bunch of other stuff-- getting the IRB turned in (getting approval for working with humans in research) for a research group, editing my capstone some more, possibly applying for TAships at wherever I'm going next year, reading materials for a seminar at the CSA Conference, working on putting together a Grad Student Union, trying to pass along the Graduate Women of Color Collective, possibly working on two other projects that I've got proposals in for, and possibly some other stuff that I've forgotten >.<

Anyway, at this point, it looks like I'll be at UCSD creative writing-it-up next year.  But I still have to hear back from five more programs, so who knows? 

No comments: