Friday, September 14, 2012

It's a Fiasco!... writing game?

I do love writing games (without whimsy, wherefore would we write?).  Anyway, watching the folks at Tabletop play Fiasco made me want to write a small-plan-gone-wrong-esque thing with some mean ass characters.  If you haven't seen it, please do enjoy the imbedded vids below, and especially note the amazingness of Bonnie.


Anyway, I love the way the roll of dice affects what story will be told. It's lovely, isn't it?  Taking the tricky bits of coming up with plot away from the whole ordeal of story making.  ... Well, you know what I mean.  Sometimes, just coming up with a plot is death (though Chris Baty tells me it's "no problem.").  I think it would be amazing just to write out these guys' Fiasco storyline, but I bet some other geek's already on it- that's how we roll in geekland?

I'm going to first try it just by plugging in some "ends in disastuh!" type films' (that I actually like...) info, then roll and start plotting.  Will update when there is... more to update?

This blog post kinda has terrible writing in it. In case you didn't notice.

meta...

No comments: