Friday, January 11, 2013

Japan blog posts

I really should go back through my Japan blog posts and make something of them.  Maybe incorporate into thesis in some way.  Hmm...

It is a tricky thing, blogging.  I've noticed how the number of posts decrease like wow over time.  Some days, I just post poems.  Sometimes, I treat this space as a diary.  Most of the time, I just put up random crap and try to write a la Helen Fielding.

I think it must be easier to write when abroad because everything is shiny new. No one wants to hear about my current watchthrough of films with twisty endings.  Particularly as the endeavor has produced nearly all depressing films thus far.

Here was my day then, I suppose:

7:30 wake up and put self together.  J.Lo inspired make up today with my interview outfit.  Many people said I looked fancy.  But I think I dress fancy most of the time, so what is to be said?

8:30 catch the shuttle to campus.  Overuse of heating.  Coffee has not yet cooled.

9:00 teach first section.  Students speak quite a bit.  I think the "Written by a Kid" videos facilitate conversation.

10:00 teach second section.  Ditto.  Student forgets umbrella, which I bring to lecture.

11:00 lecture for class I teach.  Bring umbrella.  Set up class blogs during class.  Read email.  Take notes.  Am generally wanting to be elsewhere, though prof is such good lecturer, I can only blame lame coffee.

12:30 office hours.  Read all of Susan Howe's That This.  Enjoy first and second sections.  Watch last hour of Buried on Netflix.  Feel lousy.

2:30ish take form to T at MFA office to get signed.  Trying to take free extension course on Spanish to English translation.

3:00ish take shuttle home but then must be later as...

4:00ish arrive home.  Watch TV shows on Hulu. Do dishes.

7:00 pick up K and A.  Go to work out.

8:30 arrive home.  Talk to L.  Shower.

9:00 watch Futurama.

10:00 read Vicious Red Relic, Love.  Too much information and sensation to take in more than an hour.

11:00 update Weight Watchers. Blog post.

12:15 to bed!

.... very boring.

No comments: