Friday, May 28, 2010

Words words words

This poem is dedicated to the Dog-Woman who appeared to me in a series of dreams.- "hmm," Leslie Scalapino
Echo
is memory
-"Guido, i' vorrei che tu e Lap ed io," Robert Creeley

I seek a permanent home, but this structure has an appearance of indifferent compoundedness and isolation, heading toward hopelessness. - "Permanent Home," Mei-mei Berssenbrugge

Letter I.

To a little croft,


rain is known as soft water,
I am using the term "ritual" to refer to the girl of wax.  Though human faces seem not to change while we are looking at them.  For example, the air around a cemetery is said to cause illness.  Their typology is based upon coals of moon.

The dark room has grown waxen.  Was there nowhere but here?  The scent surmised a furnace of camellias.  Misplaced a storm for a glass and now that the mimetic body had newly left, I wondered and then he woke.

-laynie browne

Blouse crumpled my
breasts unbuttoned into sleeping

-"Waking from
Sleep a Thousand Miles Thick," Laura Moriarty

II
The time: history will determine that one, not
the reader's watch.
-"PROEM: THE LOGIC OF FROGS #383," Steve McCaffery


Oh how shall I defy you
-"Postlude," William Carlos Williams

MEZZO FORTE

Take that, damn you; and that!
         And here's a rose
  To make it right again!
         God knows
  I'm sorry, Grace; but then,
It's not my fault if you will be a cat.
-William Carlos Williams

No comments: