Friday, December 31, 2010

Holiday?

What is the deal with this  holiday eve eve becoming a holiday in and of itself?  On Christmas Eve eve, almost everyone went home early or stayed home the whole day.  Today, the day before New Year's Eve (aka New Year's Eve eve) I was one of two people who stayed until 5 p.m.  What madness is this?

Wow.  I don't know how people do it, writing paragraph upon paragraph about their lives.  I'm trying to write longer and more often, but it seems the only way to do that would be to post poetry all the time.  Which would just be boring....?  I did write a poem today, but I'm posting it to my pain blog, on account of it's all related-to-pain-y.

I finished writing the third third of my capstone today (rough drafts).  A lot more exciting than it sounds.  Got to talk about Invasion of the Body Snatchers.  As a metaphor for pain.  Yurp...

Tomorrow is New Year's Eve.  As you may recall, I randomly do my New Year's resolutions/goals in September.  Because time isn't fixed/is arbitrary- so really it doesn't matter when you do your resolutions.  Of course, what I do isn't really a resolution, so much as a goal to read 52 books in a single year.  Rereads don't count though.  If you look to the right, you'll see my count for this year, which I think is at least one behind at the moment.  I didn't count academic texts/texts read for my research or school last year, but I decided to this year.  As Gertrude Stein said (sorta) a book is a book is a book is a book.

My computer really needs to get restarted or something.  Probably I've got oodles of updating to do.  The computer is taking many long seconds to type what I am trying to make it type with this keyboard.  It is really annoying when there are typos.  Mostly the caps carrying over to an additional letter.

Wow,  this post is boring. 


No comments: