Saturday, December 25, 2010

Scatterbrained me

I'm just going to tell you and get it over with- I lost a Christmas present.  Retrospectively, the whole matter is a bit amusing and obviously meant to be, but I was pretty upset yesterday and this morning.  I got the gift months ago, and have been pretty durned proud to have got all my Christmas shopping done during Hanukkah, since it came so early this year.  But alas, on wrapping last night, I realized that the certain present was missing.

I looked everywhere.  Not kidding.  I sent hounds out, I tried yelling "accio present" with wand a-waving, I even consulted a ouija board.  The best I can figure, the thing has got itself to an alternate reality.  Worm holes are tricky suckers.

In any case, I went out and repurchased it.  Man, were the stores crazy today though.  Well, store anyway.  I only went to the one.  Didn't lose any others (she says, cockilly).

Plus, I wanted the thing myself (even thought about getting myself one when I went to get the other), but I held off.  So, whenever the thing pops its head out, I'll be ready to pounce and claim it as my own [insert evil cackle here].

Moral of story- when you want something, buy it, or terrible things will happen and you'll have to buy it twice anyway.  (Obviously, I am quite superior to silly Aesop)

No comments: