Wednesday, June 11, 2008

I Don't Want to Study!

I want to decorate my Pieces of Flair board on Facebook. Or play the piano. Or work on my story. Or try to finish The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay. Or go see Kung Fu Panda. Or finish season four of Buffy or one of Angel. Or pretty much anything that isn't studying. Sometimes I wonder what the consequences would actually be if I didn't study for a final- hm...

www.impsandmonsters.com

Apart from Edward Gorey, Justin Hillgrove is my favorite. I really like monsters in art. Gris Grimley is also very good. I try to collect children's books with really good artwork in them. Some time, I'll put a list on here. It's hard to get them for cheap though, which is frustrating.

Some are online, like the Gashlycrumb Tinies (http://users.aol.com/emarko/gorey.html). I used to have this book but it was disappeared by some untrustworthy borrower at some point... I use the word "some" a lot...

If I had one superpower it would probably be telekinesis because you could use the power to propel air and make yourself fly! And other stuff, like control flames and water. It reminds me of the end of Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrel when the title characters are stuck in this warped space that is always dark and rainy. But I probably wouldn't have it like that at all ^.^* And they were working to put an end to that at the end of the book (I hope she writes a sequel!).

I'm working on learning "Life is Like a Boat" by Rie Fu for piano. I have an accompaniment part from Josh's Anime Sheet Music (http://josh.agarrado.net/music/anime/) and the mp3 (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AK5ZVQ3Y) but haven't got it quite down yet. It's pretty and piano-heavy so it'll be fun when I have it.

I need to stop wasting my time and go to sleep!!!

No comments: