Tuesday, June 17, 2008

What to do

There are a lot of options. I will be graduating next June and I'm not sure what I will be doing afterward. I've signed up to take a GRE prep class and the actual test (not just taking class to shoot the breeze) so probably Master's. But in what? Or doctorate with masters? And maybe Law school is the best option? Or maybe just going straight to work and working on my writing (which obviously is in dire need of sorting out). Or go to Spain? (why not?)

For Master's programs, there is still the option of what to study. I'm an Asian Studies major but it can be totally unrelated. If I'm going for the PhD afterward/with- then I can do Buddhist Studies, Asian Languages and Literature, Asian Studies, Ethnic studies, and other hippie degrees hoorah. Otherwise, I should go for a career-oriented major- like International Studies-- East Asia or Linguistics or ESL teaching.

I just want to be a writer but I don't want to be broke. T.T

No comments: