Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Sad poem- not for the eyes of my mom!

So if you are reading this, mi mama magnifica, stop! It is too sad, and I don't want you to become sad! See what a good daughter I am?

Last Poem

It’s been a few months now
Since we last spoke
My tan begins to fade, the trees shed their leaves
The kitten we found has grown big
He no longer reminds me of you
He purrs and makes me smile
And sheds all over my black pants

I don’t cry for you much anymore

My hair is longer now and I have bangs
All of the holiday decorations are up in the stores
And soon the sales will begin
I had to replace my computer again
The bees in the hive outside my window are all dead

I find myself writing about you less and less often
Soon I won’t write of you at all

The wind is loud and pulls at scarves
It sounds like a ghost at the window
The grass in all the yards grows long
I began a new job, I’m at a new school
And all of my hobbies have changed
You used to sing for me as I played the piano
Now I play the piano to fill the house

I make no music for you these days

You’ve never met my niece
Soon she will be old enough to walk
You would have been her aunt
Doesn’t that make you sad?
The places that used to be ours aren’t ours anymore
Your heart doesn’t touch me much anymore
It isn’t my place to console your sadness

Soon, I won’t give a damn about you

I know you’re alone
And you’ve told me you miss me
You said it again when last we spoke
But it’s me who was left alone
I’m not lonely anymore
Soon, I won’t miss you at all
And I’ll stop taking your calls
Rare as they are

And then, I’ll stop writing you poems
I won’t write anything for you at all


Amanda Martin 2009

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I read it, and it is sad:( mamacita