Sunday, December 4, 2011

for the record, I can edit

I edit poetry all the time.  I think I just need to think of this novel as a chapbook.  Individual sections more than entire chapterpaloozas.

Right, will go section by section.  Bird by bird, right?

The trouble is, I've also got to remember the flow.  Because there's an unstated twist (that's how cool I am) and I want to make sure it's hinted at but not explicitly said.

Because it is a spoof on the noir detective story in the sense that nothing much happens.

In that way, the writing is more important than anything that happens, because nothing much happens.  I'm a poet.  Write? <--- pun!

Anyway, going to think as each chapter as chapbook and each subsection as poem.  Will rearrange in wild manner until each chapter makes sense, then go from there!

You are free to be impressed.

1 comment:

CJ Heck said...

Just happened upon your blog. Love your humor! Keep up the good work.
Regards and respect,
CJ Heck