Saturday, December 24, 2011

writer's melancholy

That's the truth of it, what happens when I go about editing.

I went back to my Nano novel from last year because I've been watching Lost and kinda like to do some sci fi editing for a bit.  Even though I intended it to be steam punk, it really is just mainstream sci fi.  Anyway, looking back at it, I can't help but be extremely bored.

There's the rub.

Of course it's unexciting.  It's a rough draft.  I'd just like for once to write something that isn't completely crap in its initial stages.  You know, pump out a brilliant piece the first go around.  Just once.

And then realizing that it's not only crap but 50,000+ words of crap to wade through and turn into something worthwhile.  Well, that's just exhausting.

In any case, I don't imagine much will be coming of Clover any time soon.  Back to this year's "novel," which may secretly be a prose-based poetry piece in the long form.

Onward!

No comments: