Sunday, December 27, 2009

Books About the Beyond!

And movies, maybe. Anyway, I tend to like books that deal with this subject matter, the various possibilities of life after death. Just thinking "out loud," I'm compiling a list of the books I have read and hope to read in the future. I might also include a few movies, but I don't know yet- we'll just see as we go.

Books I've Read--

The Great Blue Yonder- Alex Shearer

The Lovely Bones- Alice Sebold


Elsewhere- Gabrielle Zevin

The Afterlife- Gary Soto

Be With You- Takuji Ichikawa


Maybe there are more. I just can't think of them, maybe. Hrm.

Other stories I may want to read..

Dante's Inferno

What Dreams May Come- Richard Matheson

Winter's Tale- Mark Helprin

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

What about that one with like the pillow on the cover? where it's like the mom watching the husband and little boy or is that a different one and this deals with 3 different women or something? Gah! n/m I don't remember

Elizabeth said...

ooh and the one about the "ghost" trying to lead the cops to his body before he dies

or do these not count since they still deal with Earth and not what the afterlife could be like?