Monday, March 15, 2010

Environment

Craziness lately.  Today, I mean.  The office is being reconfigured, so crazy construction is going on and it is LOUD.  My ears actually hurt even though I was far away (I think I have overly sensitive ears or something, hrm).  I want to try to blame that for my headache- grrrr.

Lady who shares area with me called to complain again.  I do like her gumption, calling the complaint lines for various companies, but goodness, it happens so very often.  She probably doesn't enjoy listening to my conversations with my mom either... hrm, but anyway, that was very distracting as well.

Code errors in the pages I've been making.  Not errors, just glitching in the CMS.  Oy.  I shall explain by altering code below.

For some reason, text would randomly change color-- I get that our template was set to grey, but that doesn't mean I should have to change it back to black eighty trillion times.  My code looked like a terrible mess with all these random

ness.  What a mess- my successor will shake her head at me!
So basically, it would look like this:

Random paragraph leaping and looking beautifully black like I meant it to.

Second paragraph randomly has decided to be grey.

Oh, but it fixed itself!

(and no, I'm not messing with the HTML at this point- that would put my example code into real code and you couldn't see what it actually looks like unless I messed around more and that's what I'm going to be doing all day tomorrow so no!

And then, the bulleting-ness messed up. 
  • Most lists
  • are fancy
  • and easy to use
  • hurrah
  • but then you want a second indent
    • in this fancy blog, you can just hit tab, hurrah, so I didn't actually have to mess with the html
    • isn't that nice?
  • and then you just hit enter twice to go back to this indent
and three times to get back to this.  Well, I had to do silly HTML things because it wasn't automatically doing it in compose mode.

Long story short, I had to mess with HTML when I should've been able to use the fancy tech and easy do it.  Urgh.  No more typing- headache from screen looking.  Ew.

1 comment:

Amanda Martin Sandino said...

Oh lord, it did mess up. Stupid blogger is also stupid. Redundant redundant.