Saturday, March 13, 2010

Script Frenzy!

Okay, so some of ya'll ought to know that I've done Nanowrimo for the last few years-- writing a 50,000+ word novel every November.  I've been pretty successful for '09 and '08- hurrah!

Well, the lovely creators of Nanowrimo also do this event called Script Frenzy.  Basically, you have all of April to write 100 pages of script for pretty much any kind of story (movie, tv, comic book, etc.).  Now, I've tried to write a script a few times, but get frustrated by the FORMAT.  I'll need to figure that puppy out- 'cause I think I'm going to try to do Script Frenzy next month.

I have an idea for a short film.  It kinda came from seeing Paranormal Activity and having an "I can do that!" vibe.  I want to do a thriller/horror/creepy film about a stalker.  To account for crap video quality, though, which makes things much cheaper (hurrah!), I think it will be from the stalker's perspective- basically, we're watching the video s/he takes of the stalkee as s/he stalks. 

Yeah, that's all I've got.  Hrm.

Anyway, I'm wondering if I might want to try getting sponsored- since they have it for this event.  Basically, it's like a walk-a-thon- people support my efforts to get the 100 pages done by donating to the cause, which supports youth writing programs (my capstone is meant to be a writing program with transgender teens- so obviously this is something I'm passionate about!).

Anyway, I'll try to put a button somewhere on here.  Next month will be crazy- full-time grad studying plus Japanese tutoring plus Spanish class on weekends plus TAing plus this script!  Yeek, happy busyness!  :D

1 comment:

Hillary said...

The format throws a lot of people off with Script Frenzy but here is my take:

In the end, it's all just about story. So use this month to write the best story you can and then worry about format (in terms of what is on the paper and the form of the storytelling itself) in edits.

Converting one format into another is always much easier than formatting nothing into something. :-)

Hillary
http://hillarydepiano.com/scriptfrenzy/