Friday, June 10, 2011

Sad Song!

The saddest song I can think of is Patty Loveless' "How Can I Help You to Say Goodbye?".  It is a country song my mom used to listen to when we went to visit my uncle and aunt in Idaho.  Really sad song.  It's about a woman going to her mother whenever she loses someone-- I think the first two are a childhood friend who moves away and her husband via divorce.  The last person the narrator loses is her mom.  Seriously sad stuff.

Anyway, I haven't heard it in a long time because I heard it once when I was younger and sobbed.  That was back when I had really bad asthma, so I got to having an asthma attack.  After that, my mom didn't play the song anymore.  My lungs were a real problem back then, and I bet my mom felt terrible.

I'm just happy, though, that I never had to hear that damn song again.  It is seriously depressing.  I get sad just thinking about it.

No comments: