Friday, June 17, 2011

Song that Reminds me of Somewhere

Definitely Octopus' Garden.  Octopuses'?  Octopus's?  Anyway...

So, I started this Pavlov's Dog-ian experiment about six months ago where I listen to Octopus' Garden during my cool down at the gym.  My thinking was that if I kept listening to it during the peaceful post-killed-myself-in-work-out period, I'd eventually get that pleasant place of mind whenever I heard it.  These are the weird things we do because we don't actually want to learn how to go about things. ... (Distracted trying to figure out if I should say it is a Beatles song or a Ringo song.  Anywho, onward, post!)






I actually am not sure I've listened to the song at all outside of the gym though.  I don't know how long is long enough before testing to see if it works. 

Still, I really like the tune.  It also reminds me of the movie 500 Days of Summer (I am not doing a great job italicizing/quotationicizing/underlining these titles, but it is Friday).  Zooey Deschannel's character, the eponymous Summer's favorite Beatle is Ringo.  Joseph Gordon Lovett's character finds her the album in a record shop.  It is all very sweet.  Actually, I think it is sad in the context of the movie, but I think that Joe's character is so cute that it cheers me up even if it doesn't woo Zooey.  There you have it.

I'm not checking my spelling in these post either.  Self-conscious!!!  In any case, now you know this song's special significance!

No comments: