Wednesday, September 2, 2009

It was a Busy Day!

Ugh, busy busy busy day. 忙しかった!急いだ!Phew. It looks a lot more intense in Japanese... oh, that wasn't very culturally sensitive. Probably adding explanation points at the end of anything makes it seem more exciting. Like this!!!

This morning, Maynard, the great and all-powerfully beautiful kitty, went to the VET. He's had a lump on his neck/shoulder for a few weeks, and she said I ought to bring him in. But, apparently, it is not an abscess, but a tumor. T.T She said that it is most likely benign, but he has to go in for surgery next week. They'll take a sample of the bump, and also cut his nails and wash his teeth while he's under (anesthesia is EXPENSIVE, so she's doing us a favor....?). I am very worried about the baby- he is so sweet and young! Will try not to stress about it. Yeek.

Then, I came home and the people at Northlake Preschool had sent me an e-mail. So, I am going to an interview tomorrow afternoon (3:30), which means I had to find another sitter for the bebe. Which was insane- because my dad has crazy surgery/doctor appointment stuff (it is that confusing and unpleasant), and C works (poor C in her crappy job v.v), so I went for the people not related to me by blood (or law... crap, I messed that logic up. C= step= law= not so much blood... but whatever), and the bebe is going to her other grandpapa's (who is also a legal thing. divorce confuses all the word logistics). Thank Goodness.

The preschool is pretty nifty. They speak to the children in many languages. In addition to English, they learn some Japanese and... wait for it... Danish--- who speaks Danish? What country is that spoken in? Thinking... Holland= Dutch, Norway= Norwegian, Denmark= Danish? Apparently, this is correct. Huzzah. And don't you go getting all judgmental, do YOU know where they speak Sanskrit and Pali? Or what the official language/s of Brunei is? Studied ASIAN studies not European studies/other random place studies. I just don't know much about Europe- only studied it a tiny bit in college and none in high school O.O

Also, at this school (back on track now!), they have music classes, gymnastics, science, etc. Anyway, it sounds pretty neat- the sort of place you'd want a kiddie at. And maybe my Japanese will be a plus. Just hope it'll work with school schedule next quarter (oh jeez, I am way ahead of myself here, aren't I?). Just keep telling myself it is good practice going to these interviews. Hoping to hear from the UW in the next few weeks- really really want that internship (archive-ness- good for future career-ness).

Oh, and... I also scheduled a meeting with someone at the OMAD (Office of Multicultural Affairs and Diversity) for figuring out *the future*- but appt. is a few weeks away and squirelly early O.o. And replied to some e-mails regarding teaching English in Japan- big questions with research behind them- boo yah. And defended my honor against false understandings of Ref. 71 (YES= keep the domestic partner benefits, NO= make them go away and leave the elderly and same-sex couples screwed... that was a one-sided analysis....). Trying to figure out how to help with the YES for Ref. 71 campaign in WA as well (a mess of things far away). Also talked with a kid about TESOL (Teaching English as a Second Language... that's not what it stands for, is it?). And called the insurance about why the hey-ho they still haven't paid a bill from December. And scheduled for my sister's cat to go get groomed and am taking her in to boot. And changed Maynard's vet appointment. And other calls and e-mails, I'm sure @.@

Phew.

Then went to Target to look for Professor Layton, but it was sold out O.O again! They just got in a new shipment this morning! How can this be! So, I went to the mall to get mom some on-sale nylons and return the less-than-saley nylons. Then got PL at GameSpot with a gift card (from trading in a big price game for little back T.T). Oh, and picked up prints at Kits Cameras. Then stopped at B&N on way home to pick up a card for mom's b-day tonight (and a coffee). Came home and wrapped the present/wrote the card, fed the kitty, dressed myself up and skedaddled.

Picked up baby got halfway to UW and realized we had no diaper bag :( so I had to come back. Ugh.

Coffee-ing and shopping with mom/M. Dinner at ... Pair! which had small portions that you buy lots of for regular price altogether? I don't know. Too tired to think after all that typing. Things happened and things were said and food was eaten the end.

See you later. I must to sleep get.

<3

No comments: