Saturday, September 12, 2009

So as Not to Forget

I'm looking for a SPECIFIC Colette quote, but these ones were so pretty, I thought I'd publicly jot them down too. Obviously, must read a few of her books in the near future- just after Let the Right One In, which, by the by, has a different title in book form that I cannot quite remember. It is almost the same, though, so I want to say Let ME In... let's check!

I am RIGHT! Party for the once-in-a-century event!

"In its early stages, insomnia is almost an oasis in which those who have to think or suffer darkly take refuge."
- Colette

"It is not a bad thing that children should occasionally, and politely, put parents in their place."
- Colette

"It's so curious: one can resist tears and 'behave' very well in the hardest hours of grief. But then someone makes you a friendly sign behind a window, or one notices that a flower that was in bud only yesterday has suddenly blossomed, or a letter slips from a drawer... and everything collapses."
- Colette

I am indebted to the species of the cat for a particular kind of honorable deceit, for a great control over myself, for characteristic aversion to brutal sounds, and for the need to keep silent for long periods of time. - Colette

*"Then, bidding farewell to The Knick-Knack, I went to collect the few personal belongings which, at that time, I held to be invaluable: my cat, my resolve to travel, and my solitude."- Colette

This last quote is the one I was searching for ^___^ Nothing but intangibles and the kitty- how romantic!

No comments: