Sunday, September 13, 2009

Screwing Around Translating

I'll finish later- just starting for now. Anyway, it's harder because it's in romaji >.< no kanji to distinguish from words spelled the same with different meanings. I bet there's a word for that kind of sad phenomenon. Like read and read O.o except they're just the same word in differences tenses. Tricky.

I'm fixing some of the romaji translations so that it is more modern- whoever did it for the lyrics I pulled learned from the old school.

Kikuchiyo to Moushimasu- Pink Martini

Kikuchiyo to moushimasu
Shiroi unaji ni yurete ita
Naito kurabu no aoi hi yo
Daite odoreba yasashii kata ga
Nazeka kanshiku, nazeka kanashiku
Furueteta... furueteta

I am Kikuchiyo
In that night club
on a blue day,
my white neck swayed.
When does that kind soul who
holds me tight and dances,
become sorrowful? Why?
I was trembling. I was trembling.


Kono mamade itsu made mo
Futari sugoshita Akasaka no
Kiri no, hoteru no, koi no yoru
Moeta anata no itoshi hoho ga
Itsuka sahishiku, itsuka sabishiku
Nureteita....nureteita

It was always this way,
Together in Akasaka's mist
The hotel, the night of romance
Burned your lovely cheeks
Someday you'll become sad, someday you'll become sad
You were soaked, you were soaked


Kikuchiyo to mohshimasu
Minna wasurete hoshii no to
Tatto hito yo de kieta hito
Amaku setsunai utsuriga dake o
Sotto nokoshiite, sotto nokoshiite
Kiri no naka ... kiri no naka

I am Kikuchiyo
The things I want everyone to forget
People gone and people missing
Sweetly painful, just the lingering scent
Softly left behind, softly left behind
Into the fog.. into the fog

Kikochiyo to mohshimasu

I am Kikuchiyo.

No comments: