Saturday, September 19, 2009

Love That Dog- Book Review

Book 2 of my campaign- a very short children's book told in poems. I may just put the short review that I entered for the Visual Bookshelf program on Facebook here for now.

Love That Dog- Sharon Creech

Told through the poem's enclosed in a boy's school journal, Love That Dog is a story of loss, healing, and artistic awakening. One of the most original children's stories I've ever read and uniquely beautiful among Creech's plethora of gorgeous works. A wonderful book to introduce to young artists not yet mature enough to take on Rilke's Letters to a Young Poet.

1 comment:

chi-town claudio said...

yo, Cap'n Mandy! Chi-town Claudio checking in (your Nanowrimo bud). my book - "Seminole Smoke: An Odyssey..." is selling well. it ain't Rilke, but it's a page-turner. i salute you in the acknowledgement. chk out my site: www.seminolesmoke.org. you gonna do Nanowrimo again this year? (like you've got nothing better to do!) good luck with your 52 books endeavor. glad you're keeping busy and exercising your writing muscles daily...cw