Thursday, February 18, 2010

For K---'s Class

See how I censored it all 1800's-y? ...

----
1-

Shoulders moving, hunched, hand before face
on cheeks and eyes and nose and over mouth

"I have sacrificed," he says, or the subtitles say he says, "How I have sacrificed."

Shadows weighing down the eyes, wrinkles, aging hands and grey- all

Stop

A song (what was it?)
Dramatic, instrumental, and slow

Motion- slow or fast- and slow
Strings increase
then, in the air!
then, down!

"I have sacrificed," she said, or so they said she said.
Hopes, pride, a life

Faster- strings, percussion, movement
it goes
once last

Swish
Bang
Slice

Twirling
Spinning
Up and smoothly falling and smoothly doing and then just falling

No!

"We have sacrificed," they said.

"And for what?"

----
2-

So, how was it?

How was what?

You know.

So?

And?

And what?

I mean, well, I had to do it, so what does it matter anyway?

So it was bad?

I didn't say that.

It seemed like you did.

Well, I didn't.

So what did she say?

A lot of things. It's been awhile.

Like?

How it'd been a while.

And?

I don't know. Her life- my life- life in general-- life.

What in her life?

Look, she didn't say she missed me-

-I didn't ask that-

-and that's all that matters. All that mattered.

----
3

The signs of a future hoarder- a television freak/star. 4 copies of the same photo of the same baby, old ids from other countries, expired bus passes and transfers, stubs for movies I never saw. Business cards hanging around like a bucket list cut into confetti then saved for years and years and years and years like a living will that says, "pull the plug! this one must go!" A receipt someone else left at the counter- held onto for some voyeuristic reason understood only by dead shrinks and incarcerated sociopaths. Spent giftcards from seven Christmases past. Torn and too many times folded coupons. The phone number of a lover gone-- long gone.

My This wallet is a grave
but then
it isn't really mine
I guess

No comments: