Sunday, August 8, 2010

I saw this painting today

Isn't it lovely?
I love the face of contemplation.  It is like she is looking into the artist as he looks into her.  They capture each other's meaning through deep gazes.  I wonder if those three yellow notebooks are filled with these thoughts.  It is Sogni by Vittorio Corcos.  The title translates to "Dream/s".  I wonder if the title means to say that she is dreaming-- "daydreaming" is such a beautiful term for contemplation-- or if the artist dreams of this woman. 

I like to think he saw her on the street and she was just so lovely that he asked to paint her.  The mystery in this request shows in her expression.  She agreed, and ever since he completed the painting, Vittorio dreams of one day meeting this woman again.  She is a poet, by the by, in my fantasy.  Those are poetry notebooks at her side.

I think I might try to make this into a short story.  Am feeling much inspired by this piece.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I also noticed this painting!!! and loved it.... wow... two peas in a pod.. m