Monday, August 23, 2010

Triathlon-ness

I am thinking of training for the Danskin Triathlon.  Yes, yes, I know-- where did that come from?  The truth of it is, I am tired of putting things off until I am older/done with school/better settled.  I am young and finally enjoying working out, so it seems like a goal would be lovely.  Now, I've just got to read a few books so I know exactly how to train!  Not that it's a science, but I think it would be a good way to go about it. 

So, I've got one book from Barnes and Noble, courtesy of my lovely mama, called Slow Fat Triathlete, which sounds not only helpful for those of us who aren't really triathlete material, but who want to do it anyway, yet additionally witty!  I will get to that puppy around this weekend, I think.  Need to finish C.S. Lewis' Problem of Pain and Lynne Greenberg's The Body Broken for capstone-ness.  Apparently, Lynne Greenberg has a PhD and JD, plus chronic pain (though I think the pain returned after all the schooling).  In any case, there's also a major pain conference at the university she teaches at, so I could try to finagle my way into speaking with her about PhD aspirations with CNCP.  Anyway, back to triathlon.

Hopefully, I can meet with T next week- she seems to be available- hurrah!  Busy woman.  Will get pointers from one who has been there multiple times!  Warrior women unite!  (and I have hit my exclamation point quota...)

The other book, which I am getting from the library, is quite accurately titled Triathlon 101.  Not sure if I will need a second book after the first, but it is always good to have it on standby :)

And now, I end this very long day- zzzz.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

brave woman