Monday, October 25, 2010

A bit of light reading

Well, I'm not sure how it's come to this so early in the quarter, but I have once again come to a "light reading" phase. 

Essentially, every quarter or so, I end up rereading children's and/or other easy books.  I just get too exhausted to read any general fiction.  Our book club is reading a book about Japanese Internment right now, and I just can't see having the energy to put up with feeling sad for it.  I know it will make me cry, so I am avoiding it :|  How's that for politically unsavvy?

Usually, I reread Howl's Moving Castle, Me Talk Pretty One Day, both of Alan Alda's autobios, Transformation (Carol Berg one), and a few others.  I am rereading a romance (le gasp!) ... or I guess I was-- I finished it again today.  A Japanese romance/supernatural book called Be With You (don't feel like clicking the flag at the top to write the Japanese title right now). 

Anyway, so I'm trying to find some other Japanese romances.  Or light books in general.  Am reading Voyage of the Dawn Treader for December's book club, which is, yes, a Narnia book.  I also am happy that Bryson's In a Sunburned Country is our January book, as that is another rereader during stressful times.

Anyway, let me know what other books are good!  Nothing too emotional or complicated.  Funny, light romance, children's- let's hear 'em!

No comments: