Friday, October 15, 2010

Mandy's Week

L asked for it, and the Mandy abides (I am very much like the dude, though I have not seen the Big Lebowski).

~*MONDAY*~

8AM- Wake up!  Get dressed, do my hairs and make ups, hopefully grab my lunch from the fridge, and head to work.  Oh, and put Eloise out so she doesn't destroy the house!  Tsk tsk.

9AM- Arrive at work (more or ... less....).  Do work...  'hem 'hem.

12PM- Eat the lunch or, more likely, pick up library books, print articles, do homework, meet with professors, etc.  T.T Mine is a sad life.  (le sob!)

1PM- Go to the OIR Reporting Group meeting and take minutes.  Try to stay awake while not understanding any of the data talk (this is still at work, btw).

3:30- Be freed from work- hallelujah!  I have been going to the gym, but alas, will now have to stay on campus for an hour, doing homework or something.

4:30- (from next week on) Directed research group on human capital.  With the wonderful DJ (initials... he's not actually a disc jockey, as far as I know).  I am mostly reading up on the robbery of doctors from "third world" to "first world" countries.  Not really robbery, but you know, the whole "brain drain" from Southern Africa and South Asia.

5:30- Work out like a mad bat out of hell!  Because I have got to get ready quick, you see!

7:30- be at Japanese class.  Stay awake!

9:30- arrive home and do homeworks.

12AM- go to sleep!


Note: I may be meeting with a prof for an internship every Monday at 8am.  Oh noes!



~*Tuesday*~

8AM- Wake up and all that jazz.

9AM- be at work. it pretty much proceeds the same until...

3:30 - if I am lucky, go work out.  More likely, run to make an appointment of some kind or go to a class.  Sigh!

5:45- My big core class for cultural studies.  Meet all my cohorties and party like it's 1999.  Do critical thinking and stuff.  Hopefully drink coffee.

10:15-ish - arrive home and watch something on TV with the mama.  Eat dinner.

12AM- go to bed.



~*Wednesday*~

somewhere between 8-10AM- Wake up and go to PT.  Pet the doggy, Mogul, and do crazy exercises that leave my shoulders hurting

11-1ish- meetings for getting PhD stuff done.  Possibly homework?  I dunno.  It is confusing, this day.

1:45- Tai Chi and Qigong, then work out for reals if I have time?

3-4-5-ish appts? 

after that... HOMEWORK!  and at some point go to bed... Wednesday is mostly a day for fitting in appointments.


~*Thursday*~

9-5 Work (whoa... like a real ass day)

11- take my lunch and go to the class I TA for to pick up papers. 

5- work out!

after that... homeworks!


~*Friday*~

more appts...  including Policy Journal Editorial Board meeting at 11.  And usually PT at some point.  And working out at some point.  This is also a huge homework day for me.  HUGE.

~*Saturday*~

Usually, we have the Emmy at some point.  I work out at some point.  I somehow rarely get any homework done on Saturdays between the Emmy and the working out :| which makes no sense.  But then at night, I tend to stay up super late to try and make up for it.  Oh dears.

~*Sunday*~

Well, I am going to start going to church with D again.  It is a nice church where they are gay-happy (see how I did that, using to synonyms in a row?)- anyway, they are queer-friendly, so that makes me happy.  And the "sermons" are quite good-- people are nice too!  It actually reminds me of L's temple :)  nice environment like that.  I don't know, I think it is just nice to take in some spirituality and maybe it is a little hypocritical not to care which religion it is, but I care an awful lot what they're talking about. 

Also, this is a big homework day v.v as usual.


I don't sound as busy as I am!  Gah, am soooo busy!  Just take my word for it!  rawr!

No comments: