Friday, June 5, 2009

Stereotypes Hurt Feelings

And make it hard to sleep.

Climate of Chile

The climate of Chile comprises a wide range of weather conditions across a large geographic scale, extending across 38 degrees in latitude, making generalisations difficult. According to the Köppen system, Chile within its borders hosts at least seven major climatic subtypes, ranging from desert in the north, to alpine tundra and glaciers in the east and southeast, humid subtropical in Easter Island, Oceanic in the south and mediterranean climate in central Chile. There are four seasons in most of the country: summer (December to February), autumn (March to May), winter (June to August), and spring (September to November).

Santiago, Chile

versus

Seattle, Washington


It is a lot hotter than here but it is not the Galapagos Islands or anything and I am not of a dark-skinned people. Please do not use the term "ethnic advantage" with regard to tanning. My skin is pale and naturally so and that's okay. Why shouldn't it be? If I turn dark in the summer it will fade in the fall. Any shade is okay with me and all of the colors my skin and pale or darken to should be acceptable.

I know you didn't mean to hurt my feelings but you did. I can't dance because of my blood- I can dance because I took classes, and they were very hard. I can enjoy tango music because I enjoy all music. And it is perfectly acceptable that I cannot speak Spanish.

End mini-rant v.v

No comments: