Thursday, January 6, 2011

Jealous

Man, I was jealous tonight- really jealous- for the first time in a while.  Usually, I get simultaneously jealous and happy for the person getting whatever it is I'm a'wanting.  But tonight, I was just jealous.  I'm hoping to morph it into feeling happy for the other person overnight.

Anyway, this dude in my cohort (if you're reading this, which I doubt, I'm sorry for the lack of nice feelings!) gets to spend the quarter doing a one-on-one ten-credit directed reading with his capstone advisor.  They both read the same four or so books a week and then meet to discuss them.  It sounds like a lot of reading, but it really is pretty doable when you are working part-time and that is your only class.  I'm reading about two books a week and definitely feeling underwhelmed with the work load.

I wish I could meet one-on-one with my capstone advisor and just read for my project.  Very jealous.  That sounds like a dream quarter.  If I wasn't so happy with my elective this quarter, I'd probably be a green monster by now.  Green-eyed monster?  Can't remember the expression.

Well, at least I get to just work on my capstone for 5 of my credits.  Getting a lot of work done.  I need to get editing.  Feeling strong!


No comments: