Thursday, July 1, 2010

also- less kindly

I' not sure if I should just settle down and take it as a compliment, but another student with whom I was partnered in Poetry class today spit out my words to the class as her own comments.  What can be done?  Not only were they my thoughts, but they were even more jumble-ized as she regurgitated them, making me sound very silly indeed, though also very genius-y, because they were, after all, underneath all that mess, well considered and studied.  However...

Let me share my own considerations of poetry that resembles the orgasmic experiences of the divine host by medieval nuns, if I want!  Which I didn't- because it is too sexy!

There you have it.  Here is a picture of a statue depicting divine ecstasy of St Teresa:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e4/Teresabernini.JPG

(it isn't working on my screen, so here's the link)

Now take a closer look at that face- that's what we did in medieval lit. Now you can enjoy it too?

No comments: