Monday, July 26, 2010

Not Quite What I was Planning

So, it turns out there's a series of books called Six Word Memoirs.  I talked about six word stories a few posts back, and thought there might be a book of them.  Anyway, hurrah for successful search engine-ing.  I am including my favorites here (I might have to post more later, for it grows late!).

Watching quietly from
every door frame
-Nicole Resseguie

I still make coffee for two.
-Zak Nelson

Forest peace, sharing vision, always optimistic.
-Jane Goodall

    Danced in
    Fields
of Infinite
Possibilities
-Deepak Chopra

I'm enjoying
    even this
downward
    dance.
-Colum McCann

  Found true love,
married someone
    else.
-Bjorn Stromberg

1 comment:

alyssa said...

Hi Amanda,

This is Alyssa from SMITH Magazine, the creators of the six-word memoir. Thanks for the mention! If you haven't already, you should join us at sixwordmemoirs.com or smithteens.com to submit your own six-word memoirs. You get published immediately to our website and from there have a chance to be featured in an editor's blog post or a future book.

Thanks!
Alyssa, SMITH intern