Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Weird Day at the Y

It was a weird day at the gym today.  Many reasons.  I suppose they were all smaller things, but together it added up to a strange sort of occasion.

First, for the past few weeks pretty much three-four people show up for Tai Chi.  Because of that, we've been able to play with SWORDS.  Okay, they aren't real swords but canes, but still, they're meant to represent swords.  Anyway, today, there were about 12 people!  Everyone seemed to return from vacation all at once, and there were three new students.

Then, when I got out of Tai Chi/Qigong, I went to the locker room to change into my real work out clothes, and I not only skipped over my usual row (the first one) altogether, but skipped the second and went straight to the third row.  I wasn't even thinking!  Why would I subconsciously do this?  Any deep insights?

In the locker room, two little girls were singing a really random song we used to sing in high school, the Weenie Man Song, which goes like this (if it's wrong, just chalk it up to changing times):
I know a weenie man
He has a weenie van
he sells most everything
from hot dogs on down down down down
Someday I'll join his life
I'll be his weenie wife
Hot dog, I love that weenie man!
Break it down
Weenie, weenie, weenie and a bun bun bun
and mustard too (repeat)
I ran into not one but TWO people I haven't seen in a while.  One is my friend S, with whom I was able to practice Japanese- hurrah!

I also read poetry while working out for the first time, and burned way more calories than usual.  How can this be?

AND my usual shower had a broken soap dispenser (le gasp!), so I had to switch.  Not that it was such a big deal-- the usual shower had a hot/water faucet that wouldn't stick.  Always had really hot showers, which are not ideal after a work out.

Plus, I was randomly stopped in the lobby on my way out by a lady who watches Big Bang Theory.  She was very amused by my new Bazinga! shirt (pictured below).  I wonder, if I keep wearing this shirt, will all of my fellow nerds come out from the woodwork, let their freak flags fly?



I can think of nothing else.  Good night!

No comments: