Wednesday, July 7, 2010

stranger

(words in bold are from the list)--

EDIT (version 2!- I'm keeping version one for reference)--

(a love poem)

her accent indecipherable, seductively mauling common words
emphasizing syllables never explored
by tentative tongues
ser - endipit - ous, she calls our meeting
she uses words from some other time or place
like
"equipage," "turpitude, "décolletage"

her blackbird hair
casually explaining
in whispered plagarism
I was only waiting for this moment to arise
her chapped and over-lipsticked mouth
swaying open-close-open-close in the breeze of an electric fan
the constant tattattattat of her red nails on the metal table
rubbing me out with their symmetry


innuendoes and sweetly meant mini-ridicules
the softened laughter of flirtation
she speaks in rhymes and claims
they are mere repetitions of somniloquies
screamed by the unconscious mind
and echoed for the conscious one to hear

she sat down at my table like a femme fatale
mistaking our love story for an American noir
in which our hunger was a crime
to be solved
by a misanthropic gumshoe
and attributed to the local D.A.

--
original- stranger


she mistook my face for one familiar
and sat at my table
making me retract the many curses
for my oversized nose and drooping eyes
the shadows apparent in even the most flattering of light


her accent indeciphrable
emphasizing syllables never previously explored
by less audacious tongues
ser-endipit-ous, she calls our meeting
using words I don't understand
"equipage," "turpitude, "décolletage"


her blackbird hair
casually explaining
I was only waiting for this moment to arise
her chapped and bleeding lips
swaying in the breeze of an electric fan
the constant tat-tat-tat-tat of her nails on the table
seducing me with their symmetry


innuendoes and sweetly meant mini-ridicules
the shoes, too bourgeois
buying into neo-patriarchal misogeny
with their height
and stabbing heals




again to be a stranger...


(I can't figure out how to end it... v.v)

No comments: