Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Address in Japan


In case you don't have it, here it is!!!

Address:
2-32-5 Minami-cho
#215
Warabi City, Saitama
Japan
335-0003


So, no excuse for not writing me! Um, but if you are saving postage money, I shall stoop to accepting e-mails as well (piff piff pooh pooh), my humble subjects. Let me know if there's something you're dying for that I can get in Japan (for cheap or cheap-ish, not that you are, my lovely). But you'll have to wait to get it until I get back because postage is crazy.

BTW, I hear that most of the time, you're supposed to put a comma before "but" to make it correct. Maybe this is just a vicious lie, but since I love me commas something awful, I'm happily throwing them in. If I'm wrong to do this, you shall have to take it up with the Grammar Gods, who are far too busy with better things. Speaking of grammar, here is an excerpt from "The Higher Power of Lucky," which was a lovely, lovely book:

[Basically, there's a sign that says "Slow Children at Play," and Lincoln's irritated because he thinks that it implies either the children are mentally slow or just sluggish/lazy, so...]

Lincoln did something brilliant. Next to SLOW, he drew two neat perfect-size dots, one like a period and the other a little above it. Lucky knew it was a colon and it made the sign mean, "You must drive slow. There are children at play" (p. 24). [This is also pictured above, because I can't figure out how to put it at the bottom ^^*]


I also like the back of "Eats, Shoots and Leaves":

A panda walks into a café. He orders a sandwich, eats it, then draws a gun and proceeds to fire it at the other patrons.
'Why?' asks the confused, surviving waiter amidst the carnage, as the panda makes towards the exit. The panda produces a badly punctuated wildlife manual and tosses it over his shoulder.
'Well, I'm a panda', he says, at the door. 'Look it up.'
The waiter turns to the relevant entry in the manual and, sure enough, finds an explanation. 'Panda. Large black-and-white bear-like mammal, native to China. Eats, shoots and leaves.'

Good night! Gah! Good morning! We've talked the whole night through! I didn't like Singin' in the Rain... Except for "You are My Lucky Star." If you have the fast version, please tell me how, where, why you? Then, please send it to me or properly direct me ^.^

No comments: