Friday, September 26, 2008

The last few days have been busy -_-zzz

So, yesterday, I pretty much spend ALL day doing errands. In the morning, Isabel and I went to Warabi City Hall to get our Certificate for Registered Materials. I'm still not sure what this paper is, but it's magic and everything runs smoothly-ish when you have it. Isabel took some gorgeous pictures of a shrine we went to on the way back and a beautiful green butterfly. Hopefully, I can get those and post them to my Facebook.

Anyway, after getting the certificate, we went to Harajuku AGAIN to FINALLY get our cell phones- yay!!!! I'm going to post this to my contact thread as well, but here is my:

Cell Phone Number: 011 81 090 6568 6333

Cell E-mail: mandycandyland@softbank.ne.jp



That is my beautiful cell phone. Be amazed and awed. Don't even speak while looking at the picture.



This is the guy who spent four hours with us getting the cell phones @.@ Isabel has like seven names and it made their system go mad! Gah! It was the longest day ever!!! And we didn't eat until very very late.

Today, we got our bank accounts in the heart of Tokyo (Tokyo station) at the Citibank. Japanese banks are a lot different, it's like all of my money is at risk of disappearing because it all goes into some sort of trading thing that may make me money or lose me money. I don't really get it. So I'll take all the JASSO money out as soon as it goes in >.<

I also had lunch with Yuki and Isabel in Shibuya. We ate at the same cheap sushi restaurant I went to last time. Yuki is very gentlemanly now- he even bought us lunch! Wow... I am so impressed. It has been a long time since high school, apparently.

Then Isabel and I went to the school to get our language placement test results. I'm in Intensive I, which is what I wanted, because it starts you off at beginning intermediate level. Isabel was not happy with her placement (she placed the same as me), so she's going to have to talk to the professor and try to get added to Intensive 2. Nonetheless, I'm happy, because it is all done- paperwork for Sophia and everything. I get the JASSO money on the 10th gah! So long away still!

Then we went back to Shinjuku and visited some shops- mostly Don Quixote which is a humongous, extremely packed variety store. It is five stories, I think. I didn't take a picture though. I'm not sure why not >.< I didn't like the store- it was too busy and crowded for me.

I had dinner with Mayumi, who I met at Orientation, and her friend Kaoru. The two of them studied at Seattle U last year and have boyfriends attending. They are very nice and helpful! I"m probably going to join Piano Club and English-language Club. They belong to one each. We had Okonomiyaki at a small restaurant, and you make it yourself on the table! I have some pictures available on Facebook (you don't need an account to view them):

http://www.new.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2046697&l=df3a8&id=32404300

So exhausted! Sorry if this didn't make sense- it was a very long day! Coming home on the trains was difficult- I was too sleepy to pay attention to the stops! But I made it home safely, hoorah! Tomorrow, I think will be a sleepy day or littleness happening.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

duuuuude it's yuki!!! He was in my senior issues group!!!

Elizabeth said...

Your phone is soo cute! I certainly was left speechless.

Your guide is also very cute and quite resembles a secret service man with his suit and ear piece. lol.

Is there some political significance to you or one of your comrades I'm unfamiliar with? Your not gonna whip out some royal linage are ya?