Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Shibuya, Sore Feet, and Shopping

So, here are the very few pics of Shibuya that I took:

http://www.new.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2046621&l=a5078&id=32404300

If you haven't, read the linked Hachiko story, because it is very essential to understanding the statue!

I only went to Shibuya for lunch, though, so that's why there's basically pics of the station and surrounding buildings. After eating in Shibuya (7 items on the sushi conveyer belt plus tea for 800 yen (like $7.50)!), we went to Harajuku again and spent many hours shopping (and by many, I mean, like, six or seven). I didn't buy all that much, but Isabel got many items of clothing. I just spend the entire day with her, so if my English has suddenly become a great deal better, you can blame her lovely Swiss English.

My big splurge was $40ish dollars for calcium supplements. I just don't drink any milk or really any soy milk/products here because they are so expensive (hrm) so I bought the pills, which were also expensive (so did I really save in the end?). Either way, future osteoporosis free me is happy. I also got some little things for around the apartment- a knife, bathroom sandals, napkins, tissues,gum. I also got a very cute present for someone (not sure who, I just realized the person I had intended it for has already been bought for hrml... oh well, hoorah for said person).

I additionally got finger nail polish remover, so that I am now able to paint my nails. Oh, and I purchased lotion- a better kind than my last purchase, which works well on mosquito bites but not for dry skin. Furthermore, I bought an eye shadow four-in-one, which has lovely colors. I will try to blog tomorrow, so that you might see it. It is very sparkly!

Again, the Softbank store smit me, and I still have no cell phone. I must first go to the City Hall again to get the Form for Registered Materials (I think that's what it's called...), which I will also need for school (phew, this is so hectic!!). Then, I'll need to set up a bank account to receive scholarship funds. Honest to God, when that scholarship money comes in, I'm eating a feast! It gets hungry, trying to budget!

By the way, nobody is calling or e-mailing me. What the heck? Seriously, you are on my naughty list and will get coal for my birthday. Which is in November. When one might need coal. I'll need to rethink that one, perhaps.

No comments: