Monday, December 8, 2008

*How Fast Can I Type, Or Gyah!*

So, I have a huge test tomorrow and the next day, so I really must go off to sleep so that I can go in for another zillion hour day of pure study bliss. I think, for the test tomorrow, I've studied a combined 15 hours, so I ought to get an A. I'll probably get a C, because I'm feeling pessimistic, and thus have to say things like that, or risk losing my lousy name. I also have to call my name lousy. Though, it seems good enough to me.

I had nightmares last night from watching the creepiest episode of Touching Evil (American version). It's one about horse mutilations and I've seen it before, once, but this time it bothered me even more. Maybe because last time I'd just finished reading Equus, which is also about horse mutilations, but also strangely religious. It's an interesting work, if you have the time to read it. Peter Schafer, I think, who did Amadeus as well. Also the play that Daniel Radcliffe appeared in sans clothing. But it's an artful scene, so let's not us be silly about it.

I hate group work. The gal what was supposed to send in our skit script forgot. Now, we all get late grades. You see? I'm not pessimistic about this- it just happens to be the case that whenever I work in a group, I am left disappointed and trying to hold the durn thing up. Insert nihilistic "born alone, die alone" type comment here.

I watch many YouTube channels religiously but one in particular has made me very happy lately. So, if you've the time, please check out Vick Vancouver at the above site. It is a comedic gay soap opera set in Vancouver. They just had the season finale (gasp) and it's a cliffhanger. I just jumped right in, so you probably don't need to go back to the beginning to figure out what's going on. Pretty amusing lines, though. Vick's being hounded by the student loan bureau and he exclaims: "I wasn't even a student when I spent that money!" Ha...

Only three more chapters left of Genji. Hold your applause hold your applause. I'll have an update the second it's concluded, which ought to be Wednesday.

Oh, on Wednesday also, I'm volunteered for this graduate student research thing. They're testing the ways native English speakers hear Japanese. Shrug? The girl seemed really nice and a bit desperate for subjects, and it's only a half hour AND after the big tests for this week (more next week gyah!) so I figured I ought to. And, hopefully, if I need zillions of people for my research thesis thingy for master's or doctorate (I actually do know the names but I'm too exhausted to type them out, deal wit' it a la the ghetto), I'll be due. In a good way. But not in a baby way. Though baby way is good way too.

Wellll, wish me luck. Seriously. No, seriously. Honest to Pete, I'm going to get a C on this test and have to cry because I wasted so many hours studying for naught. Well, for a C, which isn't quite naught. I suppose in grade terms, that'd be an F O.O

Kev Jumba's grading scale (how his parents view his report card/transcript... I think it's right- forgive the language please)
A: Average
B: Bad
C: Crap
D: Death
F: Fucked

So, if the last is beyond death, that'd be pretty scary. He got an F in Calculus, actually. Oh dear...

<3

No comments: