Friday, January 23, 2009

*I think that I've found out/I don't wear scarlet well*

Song lyric. Anyway... Going to Kawaguchi-ko tomorrow for festivals, museum visiting, eatings, shopping (?) and general merriment that will not at all lose its shine due to looming finals of death. Adding "of death" to end is way of saying "bad ass" with a negative connotation attached to non-pronoun/proper name (is a proper name a pronoun? Hells...). Anyway, is plan. Is brilliant and will surely win Nobel Prize for. What category, I wonder? Hoping Peace in manner of Dalai Lama.

Why do my favorite bands keep coming out with new albums without my knowing? Did not I sign up to be on their mailing lists? Pretty sure I did. Anyway, they aren't big enough to get adverts. on the web or whatnot, so I just randomly checked yesterday and Au Revoir had got an EP AND a "new" album (tech. remixes of the previous album's songs, but I like them a lot so...) and Okkervil River released a new album, which is alright, and a FREE covers album what that you can download online, if you want:
http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/download/47584-okkervil-river-golden-opportunities-mixtape-mp3

Pretty good so far. Am increasing Joni Mitchell fan, and they've got her "covered" (ha! get it?) so I'll be looking forward to that as well. Again cleared iPod and put "all new" songs on it/switched out what I thought I might grow to like that failed. Oh, btw, mom, I really liked that song you recommended, Katie Melau's "When You Taught Me How to Dance." Very pretty! Makes me feel like floating ballerina-like on cloads. Maybe sheet music is available? Hrm, don't see.

Test today went really well, one hopes. Seemed A-ish but don't want to send plague down upon self so will say that I am expecting F-. Best not cheat these things, right? Also, started finals studying- argh! But somehow managed to finish Bridget Jones II among this, which suggests may not have been quite so undistracted as one might hope for... hrm.

ALSO and MOST IMPORTANTLY, Burn Notice Season Two Part Two aired 10 PST, which was v. much earlier today for me (3pm Friday) but is not yet on iTunes for download. Waiting anxiously. Do not spoil, if you please. Am v. much concerned about Michael's yellow suit, which is love of life. Soul mate, that suit is. Must one day buy boyfriend/luvuh/husband/fiance whom I've really no intention to marry/friend with benefits yellow suit so as to use him as my yellow suit model. Real love will of course be suit. How pretty. Oh, so buy me this rip off, if you please:
http://www.seenon.com/search/suit/product/burn-notice-michael-westen-brooks-brothers-twobutton-poplin-suit

But then, best wait, because do not know size of future model. Must assume suit will continue on until then. And probably should get real one, which is Armani, if we can trust Michael, who is not real, so maybe not... Maybe they just sewed Armani label into regular suit?

Really have nothing else to talk about and have rambled about suit long long enough. Good luck, my dears, with Friday!

<3

L: "Do What You Gotta Do"- Okkervil River (cover of Jimmy Webb, who I've never heard of...)
R: "Fingersmith" (back to that one- ugh, it's dark tho! I need light reading right now v.v)- Sarah Waters (which I do like a lot but still, v. depressing at moment)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I won't run Burn Notice for you:) I am glad you like the song. I liked it too. hugs, m