Saturday, January 31, 2009

*So, I Might be a Little Drunk*

Just a little.  I had this Cordial Cafe thing with rum and brandy.  And now my typing's gone all awful.  Like, moving my fingers is a bit difficult and I gotta think a lot before writing any word, or it just comes out all oogly-woogly <--- example.

Anyway, being done with finals (yippee!) it seemed appropriate.  God, this quarter was longer than a football field.  It was longer than the month of May.  It was longer than the word "it" in a philosophical context (damn, cannot spell that word.  Oh, spell check.  So, it was originally v. wrong but hoorah for Apples having spellchecks for EVERYTHING you type (including spell checks)).

What else what else?  Apparently, my blog entries are just TOO SHORT.  I am a failure as a bloggist.  Diarist?  Bloggiest seems less romantic but also a little phoney.  phony.  Ah there we go.  But I don't think I have anything interesting to tell to you!   Oh, Kamakura!

I went!  Yesterday!  Did I already tell you about it?  It rained harder than the month of May (^____^).  I saw the Giant Buddha (see pictures link in last entry), which was gorgous because it looked like he was crying.  And everyone was all hiding on the sidelines beneath the cover and I felt very Seattleonian standing getting soaked looking the Buddha in the eye.  Honestly, I don't think it is possible to relate how amazing he was.  You see him in pictures, but it's just SO BIG and wonderful, despite the crowds.

The guy who took the pictures of me was a perfectionist.  I asked him v. sweetly and he was really excited (I think he was studying photography or something).  He positioned the shot for probably five minutes (in the rain) and took out this cloth to clean my lense (lens... ah) off.  Really sweet.  I wanted to take a pic of him to remember by, but that would be creepy, and slightly stalker-ish, so I did not.

Also saw the Great Kannon and another bodhisattva, possibly the Not-so-Great Kannon.  You cannot actually take pictures of said Great Kannon or also said Not-so-Great Kannon, but no one guards the lesser model to make sure that you don't take pics and I felt rather rebellious and, having studied Buddhism and learned that there really is NO REASON why one cannot take a picture of a bodhisattva save that they want to charge you 5 bucks at the gift shop to buy pics, I took one.  They guard the Great Kannon, though, so I had to buy a couple pics.  I didn't think the Great Kannon was any greater than the other, btw.  Hrm.

Also, I bought and lit a candle there for something or another.  I'm hoping it was for 4.0's on finals.  Would be pretty sweet.  I liked the candle a lot, and wanted to take it home with me, but I was worried that that might be really taboo/ bad luck.  Do not need bad luck as am flying next Wednesday O.o  Anyway, that was nice- esp. since I used a lighter that was provided, which felt v. modern amongst such older things.

Also, bought some incense, but only had a 100 yen piece and they costed (is that a word?!... my spell check says yes but I don't think it really is...) 50 yen each.  So there were a lot of jr. high school students because of Chinese New Year (actually, Lunar New Year is a lot more PC, so let's go with that).  So I just asked this kid who was talking to his friends how he wanted to burn some incense but didn't have money if he wanted one of mine and he looked v. surprised.  I think that most people just assume the tourists don't speak Japanese.  Or maybe it was because I used keigo (honorific Japanese- like I can speak to the emperor with this) to him (^________^).  Anyway, they were all super cute and said "wah, lucky!" a lot.  So, I hope that that good deed plus the incense burning and inhaling of sacred fumes (did not cough like last time, which must be a good sign), plus the candle and non-stealing of one for bringing purposes means that I shall ace my finals.  Will assume that taking forbidden picture of Lesser Kannon is forgivable as well O.o  

That's the most rebellious thing I've done in years, btw.  And, once again, have studied Buddhism enough to know that it really was only forbidden so that they could make money (they charge to get in as well ^^*).

On the train home, I sat next to a stinky fellow and his stinkiness sucked into my new scarf (it's pictured a few days ago- brown, orange, gold from Kawagoe).  V. upsetting.  So I sprayed it with perfume and let it fumigate in my closed luggage.  Have taken it out and is now airing some of the intense scent off.  I want to wear it when I go home along with the powerstone sparkly (Japanese for sparkly= kira kira--- isn't that perfect?!) star necklace and be all fashionable.  It will now smell like it belongs to a LADY ^____^ I shall trick them all- bwahhaha!

Gah!  I might be all anecdoted out.  Tomorrow, I go to Takao-san with Kayoko to see the monkeys.  I'm sure I told you about this- as is most exciting thing EVUH.  No, not really.  But am randomly v. excited about.  Wonder why?  Maybe it's just end of finals giddiness teamed up with the liquor that totally wasn't in my system earlier.

Oh, btw, my essays were on:
The mother figure in drama (focusing on Medea, A Doll's House, and Mother Courage)
The Monogatari as Collective (Featuring Tale of Genji and The Tale of the Heike)
And the Ideology of Power and Art in Japanese Literature (featuring Tale of Genji, Tale of Heike, and the Noh dramas of Zeami).

And they are done- and awesome.  If I do not get a 4.0, I shall scream.  Not really, as that would be rather high expectation-y.  But will be of a mindset so as to believe my profs are crack addicts.  Or at least high during grading periods.  Pooh.

Anyway, will now take shower, de-tipsify self, and watch the new Burn Notice.  Word on the street is that there IS NO WORD on the street about Michael's suit.

In case you forgot it:





Which I stole from another blog O.o

See you when I'm sober O.o again.

<3

Edit: And I've got no idea why it randomly single-spaced or how to fix it T.T

No comments: