Saturday, January 10, 2009

*Sleepy, sleepy*

Whelp, I'm about ready to hit the hay (ha, I called you a whelp). Not much really occurred today in the life of me what that might be of note. Shopping, cleaning, homework. Lots of YouTube. Hrm. I'm kinda boring, eh?

Was going to set out to Kamakura tomorrow, but I don't think that M would like to be alone on her first day back in Tokyo. Might be too risky to try to go on a holiday, so I'll probably try to visit Yanaka on Monday, which is Coming of Age Day (did I already say that?). Yanaka has some of the oldest buildings in Tokyo (old Edo buildings, wee) and a cemetery full of famous people (who are deceased, at least I hope so. Zombies are crazy scary). Nippori St.'s about 30 minutes away, and that's just next to the cemetery, so I can probably get a lot done in a little time.

Kamakura is about an hour and a half and four different trains away- yikes. Actually, not that far at all, but it's the multiple transfers that irritate. Anyway, that's just to get to the Daibutsu (literally Big Buddha- the giant Buddha of Kamakura is famous), which is what I mainly want to see. I think I can probably get there either the Friday of finals week (I don't have class that day), or the day before I leave, if I haven't yet.

Not much to write about... <3

Edit: If you go back to my Japanese post a few days back, it's got a translation now. Actually, it's got a translation whether you go back or not. Hm..

No comments: